Friday, May 8, 2015

Week 5 & 6: Sickness and the Stairway to Death

It is true. I am already sick. But just with a cold so it makes everything work out. I am in the field here and I love it. Let me tell you about my last week in the MTC and then I will work my way into the whole first week into the field. 
Well On Wednesday I got to play mom. I was so happy becuase one of the Hermanas got her wisdom teeth out and lucky for me she is in my room so I got to take care of her. I loved it and it made me miss Mom so much.
On Thursday I taught my last lesson with my fake investigator and I cried. I cried becuase it is so amazing to see that I made a difference in a fake investigator that I can make miricles happen in the field. She also bore her testimony and I cried hard core then. 
On Friday I learned to love my district so much more. I am apparently Wendy and Kim Possible as a mix. It is great and I miss them tons. 
On Saturday nothing really happened. Just a normal mission day. 
Sunday was hard. I started thinking about saying goodbye to the people the CCM and it wasnt a good day. 
Monday was the worse. It was so sad to leave everyone. We all became family and it makes me sad to see my family leave. I cried so much that I dont even remember the whole day. I just remember thinking to myself that in 1 month I have learned to love these missionaries that what will I be like with my investigators. 
On Tuesday I left for Coban. It was so great to leave the CCM but it was sad. I got sick on the 5 hour bus ride but its okay becuase I wont have to do that for awhile. When I first got here the first person that I saw was Elder Griffiths. It was so weird to see him and to be the AP. But he is doing great and his spanish is amazing. My companaion name is Hermana Hernendez and she only speaks Spanish. Its been really hard but I have never learned so much in such a short time. Once we left the office we went to see 2 families. They are so great. I also took the coldest shower known to man. 
On Wednesday was the longest day ever. I will write exactly is in my journal. "1- I had to pee so bad but I didnt want to pee in a gross bathroom. 2-So much freaking walking. 3-All the walking was up hill... no not a hill a freaking mountain. 4-I taught 10 lessons today. 5-I miss English. I also miss paved roads, cars, american food, 2 ply toilet paper, working bathrooms, and somewhat clean houses. I have never had such culture shock in my life. People here have nothing. They survive off of rain water, bread, and raised chicken. It is so sad but I am glad that I have an amazing home back home. It is going to be amazing." I met an amazing family, Chap, and they make us lunch every day. Its nice because they speak slow spanish so I can understand them here. 
Thursday I missed cars, elevators, and my car radio. I also really missed all of my friends from the CCM. I also walked up what I like to call, the stairway to death and it is 130 steps after a complete incline of paved walk way. I hate it. I also have to do it every other day. 
On Friday I felt so sorry for the dogs here. The majority of them are homeless and they are so sad. It makes me very greatful for Suki and for dog food. It rained all day and I love the rain here. Two of the ward memebers came with us to teach lessons and They are great. They are so funny. 
Saturday was okay. I saw a 14 year old with 2 of her own babies living in a cave so go team. It was so sad and I wish that I can help but all I can do is share with them the gospel and hope that they accept it. I also got to speak English today becuase we had a ward reunion and half of the people in my Zone are American or speak English so that helps out a lot.
Sunday was the worst day for me. After climbing the stair way to death we went to church with 8 of our investigators. We had the most investigators and I love it becuase it made me happy. After church I had a little bit of a break down becuase I miss home a lot but my companion told me that it is normal and that after the first couple of weeks it gets better. My district makes up for it because they make me feel loved and like a family and I love that. I also invited a family to baptism and they threw The Book of Mormon in my face. That wasnt good but it was a learning experience. 
This week has been crazy but I have loved it so much. My companion has such patience with me that it is crazy. Its great to be here and to be so close with my savior. I have learned so much spanish this week that it is crazt and there is no way that anyone can deny that the church is true becuase there is no way that in 2 months someone with dyslexia can speak another language and feel comfortable with teaching a lesson and talking to people on the streets. 
I love the gospel so much and all that it gives me. I am going to try to send pictures but I dont know if it is going to work. I miss you all and you are in my prayers siempre. I hope you all had a great week and that you feel the Saviors love always. Be strong and I want all of you to read 3 Nephi 5:13. This scripture got me through the week and also bread and cheese. 
"Be strong and of good courage. Be not afraid for The Lord Thy God is with Thee." 
Hermana Fuller

 My first day in the CCM. I took this picture before they look my camera away. My companion is the one in the back with the red hair.
 My companion on Wednesday. That behind me is what they call flat land here...
The stairway to death. 130 stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment