Friday, May 8, 2015

Week 4: 87 Sit-Ups

Well hello there! So my enter key isn't working so I am really sorry
about that right now. This week was crazy! It flew by like there was
no tomorrow and that just means that I leave in 2 short weeks. I don't
feel ready. On Tuesday, I played lots of volleyball. Also the Elders
in my district had to do a swap and it was bad becuase there was a lot
of tention but we all prayed together and it felt nice to bring the
spirit back into the room. On Wednesday I got a new name.... Jane.
Long story short I was talking to the Elders and they were talking
like children so I was acting kinda childish as well and I got the
name Jane. I also taught a great lesson. One of my investigators
drinks Alcohol and he was drinking it during out lesson so I very
strongly and nicely asked him to stop drinking it and at first he said
no becuase it took his family problems away, but with the Holy Ghost
guiding me I very confidintly told him that he needs to stop drinking
it becuase it doesn't help his family at all. I have no idea that I
had it in me but he has not been drinking alcohol for a whole week and
I am so proud of him. On Thursday was another great lesson. It was on
the Atonement and my companion and I had the idea to give our
investigator candy with out telling her why we gave it to her. Half
way through the lesson we told her that each M&M is a sin(which one is
that she drinks coffee) and that I will have to pay for her sin(me
being Christ) I then did 87 sit ups in the middle of the lesson and
she was in tears at the end. I have never felt the spirit so strong in
a lesson and she hasn't been drinking coffee either. After the lesson
they give us feedback and she said that it was the best lesson she has
ever had with missionaries. She also wants to show it to the whole CCM
because of how simple it was. I was pretty shocked and spanish was
good in the lesson as well. On Friday I taught 4 lessons in 3 hours.
All not planned. I was stressing out becuase I had to teach about
things that I haven't learned the vocabulary yet and I didn't have
enough time to memorize them so I went into the lessons blind. But how
I acted on my faith. I sat in my lessons and I opened my mouth and how
the words just flowed out of me. It is crazy at how the gift of
tonuges is real. On Saturday I got in trouble hard core. I was talking
to one of the Elders in English and a supervior walked past and he
yelled at me for talking in English. Obviously I apologized and I
wasn't able to eat my ice cream for the day but I am glad that I
learned my lesson the hard way but I am glad that I did because it
makes me appreciate P-day so much more becuase we can speak in
English. Its nice. Sunday was the best. I took the sacrament and how
much I felt the spirit in the whole meeting. I didn't take it last
week because of general conference but I did this week and I am so
happy that I did. The blessings that you get from being worthy to
partake of the sacrament. On Monday it was pretty hard becuase I had
super bad cabin fever. Its weird not being able to leave the gates and
to only speak to the same 10 people but you know. It gets better but
it is still really hard. Today was GREAT!!!! We got to leave the CCM
and go to a market down town. And we got to go shopping but I am not a
fan of shopping down here because I just feel so bad for some of the
people. I also went to the plaza and passed out 2 El Libro de Mormon
and it was sooooo great. The people that my companion and I talked to
really felt the spirit and it was so great. I cried after I gave a
hermana my copy because it was an answer to my prayer. This morning in
the temple my question was if I am doing the right thing and I got it
today. The feeling that I got during that meeting is something that I
never want to have leave me. It was great. This week was really hard
but also very good. The people in my district has become super close
and I love my mission. This week we get 5 new North Elders and 2 new
North Sisters. I am super pumped. I love my mission and I am so
excited to leave in 2 weeks. I love the gospel so much! I love you all
and miss you so much! Hermana Fuller

No comments:

Post a Comment