Saturday, April 16, 2016

Week 52: Miracle 34th Street, Miracle Lane, My Last General Conference, and My First Week Back In Coban

Hey! Family! 
I am so excited to write you guys this week because I have lots of things to tell you all! 
1. This week was a week full(er) of miracles! Hint: My subject line. hahahaa. What happened is that we were walking in the street and I was contacting and we found a person that can just speak Q´eqchi´ and its been about 4 months since I have spoken in q´eqchi´ and so I was struggling to talk to her and to ask her where she lived but it just came out of me and I asked her and I understood it. Then we kept walking and we started to teach a teenager out in the street and he was bible bashing us like none other so we decided to end it with a prayer. But before we could do that, a guy (the husband of the q´eqchi´ lady that I contacted earlier) came and sat to listen. He doesnt know spanish either so he was just listening. After we prayed, he asked us for a book of mormon. So we didnt really understand him so we called an elder who knows q´eqchi´ really well. They talked and he told us that he wanted a book of mormon and the Elder told us to call the elders that are in our same ward to bring a q´eqchi´ book of mormon. So right when he said that, the elders passed by in a taxi and they brought a book of mormon for the guy. It was crazy!!! He also told us that he wants to learn more about the church. That is miracle 34th street. 
2. Later on in the week. We were walking to a lesson that we had and we passed a guy that was sitting down on the street. I knew that my companion felt it and I did too so we walked back to the guy and we started to talk to him. It was great and he has been to church about 4 times. He wanted to go to general conference and he was going to start to read the Book of Mormon again. It was great and I was so glad that we listened to the spirit. Miracle Lane. 
3. My last general conference. This is probably the best part of my week. It was a perfect weekend and I was so happy during all of it. We were able to watch it in English so that made things a lot easier. I was able to understand it and it was just great time with my companion and I. Also something that was great is that all the talks answered my questions. I went to conference with a lot of questions and they were all answered and I am so greatful for that. Also the music touched my heart and I just loved it. :) 
4. My first week back in Coban. This week was a good week. Something that I have not missed are the hills and the mountains but I am getting use to it again and I am getting into shape. Its great. I am so glad that I am here again and that I am able to speak in q´eqchi´ and everything. My companion is Hermana Ball. Shes from Orem Utah and she is really great. She has 6 months into the mission and she knows spanish really well... but its funny because they dont understand her sometimes so they ask me what she said and its funny because normally they would ask my companion thats is native what I said. It was great. hahahahahaha. 
Mom, I love you and I thought about you all during conference. Well actually my whole family. Grant I thought about you during all the talks about the temple. Dad, AJ, and Spencer I thought about you guys during the talk about the husbands. Ashley Anne, Grace, and Val I thought about you guys during the talk about the one lost sheep and the worth of our souls. 
This was a great weekened and I loved it! :) 
Have a great week and the computer eraesed all of my photos so I am really sad So I am sorry. 
LOVE YOU ALL! 
Hermana Fuller




No comments:

Post a Comment