Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Week 20: My First Sick Day

Well this week was good with working but it didnt end up very great. Let me tell you about it... 
Monday-Well today was a good day. We were able to write and then we went to eat in the plaza. It was so great because I was able to see some of the missionaries from Peten that served here like Hermana Andersen, Hermana Riley, Elder Willits, and Elder Fitzgerald. It was great to see them and to talk to them. Well after we ate, my companion and I decided to go paca shopping and that was fun but also very stressful because my companion likes to look at every piece of clothing and I just like to glance so we spent a lot of time in one store but its okay because I had ice cream to keep my company haha. 
Tuesday-Well today we did a lot of work and contacted a lot. We were able to find out one of the problems that one of our investigator has that was really great. She doesnt want to leave her church to come to another one. I dont know why she doesnt want to change if she knows that our church is true but dont worry, we are going to teach her the good stuff, the gospel. Also its really hot here, like really really really hot here. 
Wednesday- Today we WORKED. I woke up feeling a little sick but I didnt let that stop me. We went to work and that was great. We started out in Chacxchub and we met a new investigator named Lupie and she accepted a baptism date and I was so happy. Also she doesnt go to another church so I think that she has a lot of potential to make a great future member. Also we did a lot of service today and that was great. When I got home, I had a really sharp pain in my stomache but I was able to fall asleep and that was great. 
Thursday- Today was good. We had zone meeting and that was great. I dont know why my my zone leaders, Elder Cummings and Elder Valierarono like to pick on me to share experiences or what I think about something so I am always talking in meetings. I guess thats good because its a chance for me to practice my spanish. Also today was the cumple mes de mi companera! She hit the year mark in her mission so we celebrated by eating pie. It was good. 
Friday- Today we started off the day pretty slow and that was pretty sad. We were able to teach one of our investigators Hno. Pedro and he was really interested in our lession and he told us that he could come with us to an activity that we had in the noche, night, and that was really cool. We went back home because I felt really sick and my companion didnt want me to die in the street. We went home and I felt pretty great after laying down for 15 minutes so we went to the activity and that was really fun. We played some really fun games and that was a blast but during the activity I was dying of a coughing attack that I had to be pushed out of the church to get fresh air. It was really scary but my companion called the nurse and we went home to get some sleep but before I fell asleep I threw up everything that I ate for the past 2 days. It was really bad but mostly I just threw up blood and that was really gross. I felt pretty okay after but I just kept coughing and I couldnt breathe. We called the nurse and she called the doctor. I was told to get some sleep and on Monday I could get medicine and take a test. It was pretty scary but I am walking and breathing right now so dont worry. 
Saturday- I planned on leaving the house today to do work but Elder Cummings, being the zone leader, told me that if I left the house that I would be sent home so I decided to stay in the house and in bed all day. I was so bored that I started to do math with my companion. But thats okay. Today was my first day that I had to spend in bed. It was really hard for me to breathe today but you know things got better with time. 
Sunday- We went to church and that was really good. I decided that my bishop looks like the father from Malcom and the Middle. Thats solid. Also I heard a great quote that is, ¨I know that I am not perfect but I am trying to be the perfect child that my Heavenly Father wants me to be.¨ So that is our goal. We need to try to become the child that Heavenly Father wants us to be. We were able to work today and that felt really great. We contacted and we taught some of our investigators. I had the worst pain in my stomache but I know that with time and with my faith that I will be able to get better. 
Well that is my week. I know that my mom is probably freaking out but I want to share with you guys what I have learned through this experience. That Heavenly Father knows what I need to learn and that Jesus Christ felt my pain and knows how to help me but I need to rely on him. In the priesthood blessing that I got Elder Cummings said, ¨Through the faith that you have, you can be healed but you need to ask for help.¨ So that is what I did, I asked my Father in Heaven if he could please help me feel better. I didnt feel better right away but with time and with my faith I was able to breathe. I am still not feeling super great but today I am going to get an xray on my lungs to see what is up. But I just want to share with you guys a scripture that has helped me through this week. 
Doctina y Convenios 45:62 ¨Porque de cierto os digo que os esperan grandes cosas;¨ Sorry but it is in spanish but I want to testify that I know that there are blessing waiting for all of us if we keep pressing on and keep working on being the best person that we can be. I am so thankful for my mission and for this amazing blessing that I have. I am thankful for all of you and just know that I love you all. 
Have a great week and pray! 
Hermana Fuller


 What I had to take before I could leave the house on Friday... It was so gross. 


 How I left the house to go to the tienda to get water and also crackers hahah. 


 How I felt staying in bed all day. Sorry dad, I wasnt a happy camper! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment