Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Week 49: Just a Long Week that Felt Short

Hey family! 
Well this week was pretty interesting, I will start off with answering dads questions from his email...
Well I haven't coughed off any blood in these past couple of months but I still have a dry cough always, but when that happens I just take my inhalor (I dont know how to spell that). My skin is pretty good. I have gotten a ton of bug bites and this past week they were starting to become infected and so I put my cream on them and they just itch like always. The doctor hasnt told me anything and I dont know whats going on with that. They havent talked about me going home for a while now so I dont think its an option because I am going home in 6 months. I think I can make it! I hope I answered your questions. 
Well this week was a long week. It was a week that I feel like it took forever but as the same time, it went by really fast. 
This week we had our multi zone meeting and it was really great. I learned a lot about my Savior and how we can use his atonement always. Something that I have been thinking about is how we can use the atonement in our own lives personally and it has made me apply it more each time. Also I got to see all of my friends from Coban and all of my old companions. It was pretty great to see my daughter and hna monroy. 
Also this week I became really sick.... With.... 

Chikungunya

Chikungunya is a viral disease (genus Alphavirus) which is transmitted to humans by infected mosquitoes – including Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus. The name chikungunya originates from a verb in the Kimakonde language, meaning 'to become contorted'. This refers to the 'stooped' appearance of those suffering with joint pain.
Symptoms appear between 4 and 7 days after the patient has been bitten by the infected mosquito and these include:
  • High fever (40°C/ 104°F)
  • Joint pain (lower back, ankle, knees, wrists or phalanges)
  • Joint swelling
  • Rash
  • Headache
  • Muscle pain
  • Nausea
  • Fatigue
(Family, enough details for you guys? 😉
And I had all of those symptoms just not the rash but that normally comes like 5 days after... so I will see if I get it. 
After the zone meeting I just had a lot of pain in my bones and joints that I couldnt even write or walk. It made it really hard to work but I told me compaion to keep me gooding. I sucked it up and we didnt loose a day at all. We might have only taught 3 or 4 lessons but we did the work that was needed. 
Also I had my first english class here in San Jeronimo and it was a huge success. There were 12 students there and all of them because new investigators because they invited us to go to their house to teach them personally. I am so happy to be teaching again. 
Also I have been dying of heat this week. With the fever and everything, it has made it hard to not sweat.... The presidents wife told me that I am loosing a lot of weight and then when I told her that I was sick, she told that its because I am just sweating off all of the weight that I have gained here. 
But that was my week. I cant send pictures because we are in a differnt computer lab and I dont know how this computer works, but I will send you guys a lot next week. 
I love you all and I am so glad that I am out here serving a mission. 
This week I am going to be completting a year here in the mission and I can not believe how fast the time has gone by.... I feel like I have just gotten here! 
I love this work and I love being a missionary! 

HNA. Fuller

No comments:

Post a Comment